A month of allergies. Lilacs. The end of the school year (yay). Dreams coming true. The final Chuck Lelas walk. A new haircut. The serious house hunt. Family time. Natalie Merchant performing with the Boston Pops and ten good books (Nine and a half…).
- Educating Esme: Diary of a Teacher’s First Year by Esme Raji Codell (National Education Month)
- Plain Speaking by Merle Miller (Harry Truman’s birthday, Merle Miller’s birthday, on the heels of a book about Roosevelt…it just made sense).
- True Confessions: a Novel by Mary Bringle (Mothers & Daughters)
- Dreamland by Kevin Baker (History. I have to admit, tail between my legs, that I didn’t finish this one. Once I found out what the reader doesn’t find out I didn’t want to continue. BooHiss).
- Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie (Music month)
- Murder on the Leviathan by Boris Akunin.
Books added to the list because I gave up on Dreamland:
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (celebrating Barrie’s birthday)
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien for no ther reason than it was a great book!
For LibraryThing & the Early Review Program~two books!:
- Best Girlfriends Getaways Worldwide by Marybeth Bond (really, really fun travel guide)
- Home Girl: Building a Dream House on a Lawless Block by Judith Matloff. Interesting, considering I’m dreaming of houses these days…