September is a Confession

Golden Days End

Golden Days End

I am all messed up. Turned inside out and tired. Really, really tired. Here’s the deal. I went home with a reading plan in place. I knew everything I wanted to read and even the order in which I would do all this reading. I even made a big deal about lugging all that stuff home. It didn’t happen. I got to Maine and everything fell apart.

In a stream of excuses here’s what happened: I didn’t bring the right books. I didn’t bring enough to books. I chased my nephews around instead of turning pages. I scoped out the neighbor’s new porch. I gorged on blackberries and crab apples. I couldn’t make time for the library let alone the internet. I held hands with my husband. Hiked huge hills with great friends. Watched sunsets with a glass of pino between my knees. Ate savory and sweet scones from Sweet Bob. When I did pick up a book it wasn’t one on my list (Islands by Anne Rivers Siddon comes to mind).

So, here’s the deal. I just escaped paradise. I’m just back and I’m just out of sorts. I don’t want to take a shower for fear of washing away my island residue. Last night I slept with the light on because the silence on the street was not the silence of the ocean. For once, the cat wasn’t the compatible companion. I have no clue what books I am supposed to be reading for September. I have no clue and right now I don’t care.

So, September is: slogging through tons and tons of email. (Yahoo = 234, Google = 565, LibraryThing = 3, work = 199, RealEstate = 66). September is Rebecca Correia on the 12th. September is Sean Rowe’s new album. Otherwise, September is slow to start.

10 Comments on “September is a Confession”

welcome back!!! sounds like a great time 🙂

2. Manda says:

welcome back. 🙂

September 12th sounds pretty awesome….love Vance and of course Rebecca. interested in a visitor? you can come out here another time. 😉

Sarah~ thanks! It was a great time. Wait until you see the pics!

Manda~ I’ll email you about the 12th!
    xoxox

4. becelisa says:

sounds like heaven. i’m so glad you simply enjoyed the trip. you needed it! xoxo

yes, and I need to go back. Now.

6. Manda says:

is Rebecca on a friday or a saturday? I just signed up to work that Saturday…need to in order to get the day after christmas off (yes, seriously. ugh)…I could make it saturday night but not friday. 😦

I need a new job.

It is a Friday night 😦 I have been so busy that I haven’t had a moment to send out the details.
    I have been thinking about trying to see a gig closer to you…don’t worry, we’ll work something out! 🙂

8. Manda says:

boooooooooooooooo. I can come out there a different weekend…it sucks because I have early work that friday and I could have come (getting out at 3) but I just can’t make it back in time to work saturday.

I hate that I haven’t seen you yet. what’s the next weekend look like for you (the 27th)?? Either here or there, I don’t care anymore! :p

on the 27th I am going out to Troy to see Grace Potter! Care to take a road trip?

10. Manda says:

hmm, I could. I do love our road trips! Where is the show? send me details because it sounds awesome.