April is the month of settling in, days getting warmer and the promise of good music. March was moving, but April is all about adjustment. In the meantime, it is also about these books:
- Noblest Roman by David Halberstam ~ in honor of Halberstam’s April birthday
- The Punch by John Feinstein~ in honor of National Youth Sports Safety month (weird, I know, but it more appropropriate than you think -after “the punch” the NBA changed rules about fighting and how many officials were on the court during a game).
- The Jameses by R.W.B. Lewis ~ in honor of Henry James’ birthday this month
- An Omelette and a Glass of Wine by Elizabeth David ~ in honor of National Food month
One of the things that struck me as odd is that this list is almost completely comprised of nonfiction reading. I didn’t plan it that way at all. So, I have added two more fiction books just to round out the reading, if there is time:
- Astonishing Splashes of Colour by Clare Morrall ~in honor of sibling month
- Flashman by George MacDonald Fraser ~ in honor of Fraser’s birthday
I did get word of an Early Review book, but I have no idea when I’ll get it – if at all. Since moving my mail has been really sporadic. I don’t know how book rate packages will be handled, if at all.