May (2009) is…Posted: 2009/05/08
May is huge. Absolutely huge and positively late. So out of control! A 60 mile walk for Just ‘Cause has had me busy. The end of the school semester has had me frustrated. May also means time with my mom – which I simply cannot wait for. A retirement party for people I barely know. The pool opening. A birthday party with sushi and laughter. My kind of gig.
For books it is:
- Off Keck Road By Mona Simpson ~ in honor of becoming a Wisconsin becoming a state.
- Bordeauxby Soledad Puerolas ~ in honor of Cinco de Mayo
- Rise of David Levinsky by Abraham Cahan ~ in honor of American Jewish heritage month
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson ~ in honor of teen pregnancy month. Note: this book is not actually about a teen pregnancy but the book is recommended for teens. I’m stretching this one a little, I know!
- The Victorians by A.N. Wilson ~ in honor of Queen Victoria
- Where the Pavement Ends: One Woman’s Bicycle Trip Through Mongolia, China and Vietnam by Erika Warmbrunn ~ in honor of National Bicycle Month
- Quarter Safe Out Here by George MacDonald Fraser~ in honor of Memorial Day.
There is also a LibraryThing Early Review book. Forgive me if I can’t plug the name right now.