March ’10 is…Posted: 2010/03/05
March is a small stash of books. Small because I want to get back on the training schedule…with a vengeance.
- Turtle Diary by Russell Hoban is actually a leftover from February. It was one that I was really looking forward to reading so I’m adding it to March
- Goodnight, Nebraska by Tom McNeal ~ in honor of Nebraska becoming a state in March
- Jennifer Government by Max Barry ~ in honor of March being Max Barry’s birth month
- Making of a Quagmire by David Halberstam ~ in honor of March being the month the U.S. withdrew from Vietnam
If there is time I will tackle:
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte ~ in honor of national literature month
- Armful of Warm Girl by W.M. Spackman ~ in honor of… and this is a stretch…Oscar Month. Here’s the thought process: March is Oscar month which translates into giving award for the best something-er-rather. Nancy Pearl gave Armful of Warm Girl the award for best title. Told you it was a stretch…
For LibraryThing and the Early Review program I promise, promise, promise I will finish No Instructions Needed: an American Boyhood in the 1950s by Robert G. Hewitt.
March is also a concerted effort to get back to training, a little bit of music and hopefully, a whole bunch of fund raising…