Sept ’12 is…Posted: 2012/09/06
September 2012 started in Colorado. It was nice to disappear for a week! Here are the books:
- Eleanor Roosevelt by Blanche Wiesen Cook ~ in honor of Roosevelt’s birth month
- American Ground: the Unbuilding of the World Trade Center by William Langewicshe ~ in remembrance of September 11, 2001. I will be listening to this on audio.
- Tear Down the Mountain by Roger Alan Skipper ~ in honor of an Appalachian fiddle festival that takes place in September.
- The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper ~ in honor of boys going back to school.
- Ariel: the Life of Shelley by Andre Maurois ~ in honor of National Book Month.
- Enchantress From the Stars by Sylvia Louise Engdahl ~ in honor of a kid named Matt who was deemed a hero in September.
So. That’s the Challenge plan. For other books I have been told I won two Early Review books from LibraryThing but since I haven’t seen them I won’t mention them here. My aunt wants me to deliver a book to mom so I, of course, read it on the way home from Colorado so it’s already finished: To Heaven and Back: a Doctor’s Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again by Mary C. Neal, MD. It was an amazing book.