2017: a new dawnPosted: 2017/01/03
What can I tell you about the new year? Not much. I can tell you about the Challenge books! Here’s what I have planned:
- The Book of Puka-Puka by Robert Dean Frisbie ~ in honor of National Geographic Travel Month
- Italy and the Grand Tour by Jeremy Black ~ in honor of travel and a personal resolution to see Italy some day
- Another Life by Michael Korda ~ in honor of the selfishness of resolutions (it’s all about me).
- Captain of the Sleepers by Mayra Montero ~ in honor of Hostos Day in Puerto Rico
- Hyperion by Dan Simmons ~ in honor of Science Fiction month
- Spiderweb for Two by Elizabeth Enright ~ to continue the series started in September (no I didn’t finish this last month like I thought I would)
- Any Human Heart by William Boyd ~ in honor of the month most people start a journal
- Dirty Work by Gabriel Weston (NOTE: I didn’t actually receive this as an Early Review. I was supposed to back in 2014. I just decided to borrow it from the local library & read it anyway).