Happy birthday to me & moi. This month we celebrate…everything. Here are the anticipated books:
- The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman by Ernest J Gaines ~ in honor of February being Black History Month (AB).
- An Island to Oneself by Tom Neale ~ Nancy Pearl said to read this after Puka-Puka. So I am.
- Travels with Tangerine by Tim Macintosh ~ in honor of Feb being exploration month
- Song of the Dodo: Island Biography in an Age of Extinction by David Quammen ~ in honor of Quammen’s birth month
- Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology by Eric Brende ~ in honor of February being national science month.
- Antarctic Destinies b y Stephanie Barcweski (also in honor of exploration month…it’s a long story).
- Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons ~ in honor of January being Sci-Fi month
- White Nights by Ann Cleeves ~ in honor of January being the month of Up Helly Aa fest in Shetland
- Wonder by RJ Palacio ~ ever since Natalie explained the premise of this book as being based on her song, “Wonder” I have wanted to read it.
- Supposedly, the January book is Ma Speaks Up by Marianne Leone (LT spells it ‘Leonne’). Since half a dozen ER books have gone missing or never mailed I’ll wait until it is in my hands before I announce I’m officially reading it.