May I Read Another Book?Posted: 2017/05/01
Confessional: I don’t have any runs planned for May. I don’t have any travel planned for May (except going home-home). All I want to do is read, plant my gardens & master the grill. While the garden and the grill ambitions cannot be quantified, here are the books!
- Nerve by Dick Francis ~ in honor of the Kentucky Derby being in May
- A Gay and Melancholy Sound by Merle Miller ~ in honor of Miller’s birth month. BTW – This is a behemoth (nearly 600 pages) so I am not confident I’ll finish it in time.
- H by Elizabeth Shepard ! in honor of mental health month. This is barely 160 pages & will probably finish on a lunch break or two.
- Age of Gold by H.W. Brands ~ in honor of History month being in May (confessional – this looks boring)
- Lusitania: an epic tragedy by Diana Preston ~ in honor of the month the Lusitania sank
- Goodbye to all That by Robert Graves ~ in honor of Memorial Day
- “Q” is for Quarry by Sue Grafton ~ to continue, and for me, finish the series started in April in honor of Grafton’s birth month (AB). Should be able to finish this in a weekend (AB + print)
- Henry James: the Conquest of London (1870 – 1881) by Leon Edel ~ to continue the series started in April in honor of James’s birth month.
Early Review for LibraryThing:
- At the Broken Places: —- by Mary and Donald Collins