The one good thing about July is that I am starting to train for a half mara in October. I am praying this gets me out of my funk…
Here are the books:
- The Eagle Has Landed by Jack Higgins ~ in honor of Higgins’s birth month
- Anna and Her Daughters by DE Stevenson ~ in honor of July being Ice Cream Month (this is further explained in the book review).
- Hawthorne: a Life by Brenda Wineapple ~ in honor of Hawthorne’s birth month
- Pacific Lady by Sharon Adams ~ in honor of July being Ocean Month
- Henry James: the Middle Years by Leon Edel (didn’t finish in June) ~ to continue the series started in April in honor of James’s birth month.
- A Moment of War by Laurie Lee ~ to continue the series started in honor of April’s Madrid festival.
Early Review for LibraryThing:
- The World Broke in Two: Virginia Woolf, T. S. Eliot, D. H. Lawrence, E. M. Forster, and the Year That Change Literature by Bill Goldstein