The month had finally arrived for the half marathon, my first and only of 2017. Enough said about that.
Here are the books I have planned:
- The Aristotle Detective by Margaret Anne Doody ~ in honor of Greece’s Ochi Day
- All Hallows Eve by Charles Williams ~ in honor of what else? Halloween.
- Whatever You Do, Don’t Run by Peter Allison ~ in honor of the first safari leader’s birth month (Major Sir William Wallace Cornwallis Harris born October 1848. How’s that for a name?) (AB / print)
- Sense of the World: How a Blind Man Became History’s Greatest Traveler by Jason Roberts ~ in honor of James Holman’s birth month (AB)
- The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman ~ to continue the series started in September in honor of Grandparents Day.
- Henry James: the Master by Leon Edel ~ to continue (and finish) the series started in April in honor of James’s birth month
- We are Betrayed by Vardis Fisher ~ to continue the series started in August
Early Review for LibraryThing:
- Riot Days by Maria Alyokhina ~ and we are back to nonfiction.
If there is time:
- Breakfast on Pluto by Patrick McCabe (fiction)
- The Discarded Duke by Nancy Butler (fiction)
- In the Valley of Mist by Justine Hardy (nonfiction)
- I Will Bear Witness (vol.1) by Victor Klemperer (nonfiction)