October Is…Posted: 2008/10/02
October is Halloween! For anyone who knows me, Halloween starts on October 1st and runs for 31 days. This is the way it should be. I have a whole big box of Halloween stuff and every October 1st out it comes. Okay, so this year it was a little early. I bought a tiny skull completely off timeline, too! The skeltons, black cats, bats, witches, goblins, and of course, my fave – jack-o-laterns!
October is also another chance to slip away to Monhegan for a handful of days. Home Sweet Autumn Home. For music it’s Sean, of course. There are other trips, I’m sure. Just ask Joe.
For reading, here’s how it stacks up. For the Book Lust Challenge:
- Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler ~ in honor of Anne’s birth month
- Artimis Fowl by Eoin Colfer ~ in honor of National Fantasy Month
- Big If by Mark Costello ~ October is the best time to visit New England
- Carry On Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse ~ in honor of Wodehouse’s birth month
- Crime Novels: American Noir of the 30’s and 40’s by Horace ~ in honor of Crime Novel month
That’s about it. Pumpkin Fest later. Big charity walk for breast cancer on the 26th. Natalie’s birthday…