Something From Yesterday

Advantage for the Taking

Someone unexpected lifted me out of my self-imposed anger today. I had been walking about with this you done me Wrong attitude and she turned it into a Right. Not only unexpected but downright heart stopping shocking. I had written her off a long time ago. Suddenly, I am seeing the faint lines of forgiveness coming through the hate. Am I mad?
I hate being lied to and this lie was self-indulgent and stupid. I could have handled the truth but something chose to make it worse by putting my heart in the mix. The smokescreen was as ridiculous as the lie. Could I not see through it? I couldn’t help but vent. After all, I am allergic to smoke. A sort of blood letting for the hurt, so to speak. The kicker is that I chose to spew my frustration to someone who used to produce just as much irritation as I was trying to release. I couldn’t help it and to make matters worse, there was no stopping me once I got going…you know how it is.
Surprise of all surprises, my rant was met with calm. Understanding. Even a solution of sorts. I couldn’t help but laugh, feel a litte silly. Just how old am I anyway? So, there we are: the barnacle, the newbee, the about face and me. Go figure.

7 Comments on “Something From Yesterday”

1. Ruth says:

You can often gain perspective from the most unexpected sources. Glad your unexpected source was there to help! πŸ™‚

2. timeforme says:

I agree with Ruth (her replies are always good)
    I have been working hard at letting anger go. Lies go. I am glad you feel better and got out what you needed to!

3. timeforme says:

meant to add, you have a lot of wonderful people in your life. I often marvel at how long you have known so many of them. I often wonder if I had lived in one place for a long time if I would too. Anyway, just thought I would throw that into the mix, your friends all show their love for you and that is a wonderful thing πŸ™‚ and I hope your frustration has passed. Smokescreens do suck! That has always been my favorite way to describe something hidden.

miss you!! call me πŸ™‚

Ruby~ yes, your replies are always so good! Smart cookie you are (suddenly I’m Yoda?)…

Time~ I do have wonderful people in my life (including you). I think the trick to having such friends for so long is to make sure they all have a great sense of humor, oodles of patience, and a few good quirks of their own!
    My frustration has definitely passed!

Sarah~ see your blog πŸ˜‰ and yes, I will call! xoxoxo

6. timeforme says:

Thank you for saying that and thank you for the sweet card that came in the mail today 8) xoxoxo so glad your frustration has passed. Think “Halloween” *wish there was a little
    jack-o-latern smiley face*

you are welcome. I was tempted to tell you to “look for something” but I wanted it to be a surprise!