June ’10 is…Posted: 2010/06/07
June is a weird month for me. I might have a Monhegan plan. I’m not sure. The one thing I know about June is that there will be music. Plenty of music and books. As two constants in my life, I doubt anyone is honestly surprised by that remark. Music and books. For music it is the lovely Rebecca Correia at the Iron Horse in Northampton. June 11, 2010 at 7pm. That same weekend it is the eternally talented Sean Rowe at the DreamAway Lodge in Beckett. June 13, 2010 at 8pm…I think. There is Phish somewhere in there as well…I know, don’t say it.
For books it is:
- Master and Commander by Patrick O’Brien ~ in honor of National Ocean month
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen ~ in honor of Adventure fiction month
- Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron ~ in honor of Virginia becoming a state in June
- Happenstance by Carol Shields ~ in honor of June being the most popular month to get married in…
- Writing Dangerously: Mary McCarthy and Her World by Carol Brightman ~ in honor of Mary McCarthy’s birth month.
For LibraryThing’s Early Review program:
- The House on Oyster Creek by Heidi Jon Schmidt
For the fun of it:
- Master of Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels